July 17, 2020
Another beautiful summer day in Minnesota! I hope that this communication finds all well and healthy and outdoors enjoying these mid-summer days!
I wanted to give all a couple of important updates:
1. Sanitize your hands upon entering the visitation area
2. ALLOW staff to assist you with screening for signs or symptoms of COVID-19:
3. STOP HERE AND DO NOT VISIT IF:
4. Wear a mask during the entire visit (your loved one will need to wear a mask as well)
5. Stay in visitation area
6. Always maintain social distancing (6 feet)
– No physical contact during the visit
7. Visitors under the age of 12 must also comply with social distancing
8. Sanitize your hands prior to leaving the visitation area
Thank you for following the visitation guidelines and all you are doing to help keep us all healthy… and WE ARE! Please DO PASS THESE GUIDELINES ALONG… to other family or friends who may visit and who may not receive our emails or visit our website!
Tom, Sally, Jess, Cheryl, Julia, and Lori
May 1, 2020
To Our Residents, Family Members and Case Managers:
A whole month has gone by … hoping this communication continues to find all well and healthy and able to enjoy some of our beautiful spring days!
Sojourn has had no known or suspected cases of COVID-19 and that, in large part is because of you and because of the actions Sojourn management team, staff and residents are taking to comply with recommendations from the CDC, Minnesota Department of Health and Governor Walz. It was inspiring to hear Governor Walz commend all Minnesotans for responding to our social responsibility in keeping our most vulnerable Minnesotan’s safe! THANK YOU for your efforts and understanding!
So, for now, we will stay the course and continue to work diligently to keep all at Sojourn healthy:
Please do continue to support your loved ones remotely. We now have tablets at each of the houses with Skype set up so that you may also video chat! The process is rather new for us and we are all learning… but if you are interested please let us know and we will assist to set it up!
Call or email with any questions or concerns. We are here to help.
Sojourn Management Team
April 6, 2020
Hoping this communication continues to find all well and healthy. Currently, there are no known or suspected cases of COVID-19 within Sojourn. Our mission continues: to be diligent with taking actions needed to ensure that ALL continue to be physically and mentally healthy in the days ahead. We continue to monitor the CDC and MN Department of Health guidance(s) and are on weekly conference calls. Our management team meets daily.
JUST a REMINDER, we continue to ask that family, friends and case managers do not visit our Sojourn Suites (houses). NO VISITORS ALLOWED! If you want to drop off something at the house, please call ahead to let staff know you will be leaving something outside the door.
We continue to support and encourage our clients, staff and YOU to stay healthy both physically and mentally.
· Staff are given have a predictable, daily schedule and encourage clients to follow it
· We encourage physical exercise / movement daily; multiple times/day
· We remind clients about hand-hygiene, sanitizing and social distancing with others in the house
· We ask clients who are not feeling well to stay in their rooms
Some clients are feeling isolated or feel that we no longer allow “FUN”. Not true, we just need to be thoughtful and do everything in our power to keep us all safe and healthy. Here’s what you can do:
· DO call your loved one and chat with them on the phone or connect using other technology platforms. Talk about OTHER things besides COVID-19!
· Send a card, photos, special package in the mail
· Ask your loved one to send you a note in the mail
· Offer reassurance, ideas for things to do that you know they like to do
· Follow Sojourn on Facebook or other social media. We are planning on taking a few photos to illustrate how and what we are doing every day!
We could use more masks, even home-made versions of masks. As you all know, the shortages across the country are real. If you have any connections, let one of us know.
Thanks for your support. Stay well.
Sojourn Management Team
March 13, 2020
We know many of you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 (the new coronavirus) and how it may impact us here at Sojourn. Ensuring residents are cared for in a safe and healthy environment is our first priority. At this time, we don’t have any cases in our Sojourn community. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have recommended a variety of steps that we are implementing to help reduce the potential for the virus to enter our community. However, we need your help in battling COVID-19. Below are some examples of how we are and how you can help protect the residents, as well as prevent the spread throughout the community.
We understand that connecting with your loved ones or scheduling meetings with your clients is incredibly important. There are a variety of other ways you might consider communicating with them. These may include telephone, email, text, video chat or social media. If you believe a visit to the Day Center or one of the houses is necessary, we request that you contact us by phone prior to your arrival.
Please make sure we have your most current, emergency contact information. We want to make sure we efficiently communicate with you should there be any new developments. Please reach out to our administrative assistant, Jeanie at 952-471-6080, option 5 to update your contact information.
For additional information, please visit the CDC’s coronavirus disease information page. Also, click here for an additional information sheet re: “What to do if you are sick with coronavirus disease 2019”. Sojourn will follow CDC guidance and recommendations to continue to reduce the potential for spread of the virus in our community as well as recommendations should clients or staff present with illness. Thank you for your cooperation.